Our Brother

Tonight we have to mourn the passing of Greg Eaves, Rui’s uncle, my sister Karen’s beloved spouse.  Our brother.
Like my sister / his wife Karen, Greg studied and practiced psychotherapy. Like her,  he aimed to be a healer of the most intangible forms of pain: the psychic ones.

Speaking as father of my only and abducted child, I wish every one of those who afflict our vulnerable loved ones could be silenced, and the motives of psychic violence be neutralized.

Every day of our lives should be lived so well for others as Greg did his. We love him for this and can hardly speak.

Karen and Greg

About Brian Prager

I am the father of a beloved son who has been retained in Japan by his Japanese mother against my will. My boy has been kept out of contact with me since June, 2010. I am struggling to save him and get justice for us.
This entry was posted in Japan Child Abduction. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Our Brother

1. Thomas Yohannan says:

So very sorry. May the healing come for Karen and her brother.

Liked by 1 person

2. Paul Arenson says:

Sorry to read about your brother-in-law, Brian.

Liked by 1 person

3. Karen J Prager says:

Thank you for this beautiful memorial.
    I love you.

Liked by 1 person

4. Anonymous says:

His legacy is indeed as a healer, a man dedicated to the improvement in the lives of others. A fine man.

Liked by 1 person

5. cgfritts@comcast.net says:

Dear Brian—

Thank you for your beautiful words and sharing the photo of Rui and Greg in happy days together. Our shock and pain at the loss of Greg and the road ahead for Karen has touched us deeply, and reminded us how precious each moment with those we love is.

Both Rui and Greg are forever in our hearts, and I pray for a day of celebration, with Rui in your arms again…

Caren Gertner Fritts

(Karen’s friend from college and grad school…

and the rest of our lives since then)

Liked by 1 person

6. Graham Challis says:

So very sorry to hear about Greg. Our deepest condolences to you and your family, and especially to Karen.
    Peace
    Dalia and Graham

Liked by 1 person

7. Brian Prager says:

Thank yous from the heart to all who wrote and shared your feelings with us here.